A Strive4 school will have the following characteristics:
1. Everyone in the school—children, teachers, staff and governors - share a common goal and vision. A school where high quality provision is non-negotiable.
2. Everyone in the school believes that all children can achieve and attain high standards. Children are encouraged to rigorously pursue their goals and to succeed. Learning environments are vibrant; where children can grow and develop, where experimentation and risk taking is part of the learning process.
3. School leadership is proactive in seeking solutions and is effective at promoting achievement among all: children, staff, and interested stakeholders. Leadership is assumed at many levels.
4. Teamwork is apparent. Everyone in the school works together, communicates effectively with one another, and collaborates to ensure pupils’ success.
5. A skilfully developed curriculum that weaves together local, national and global dimensions. Where innovative and effective partnerships with the wider community leads to programmes of learning outdoors including residential study visits and community based activities.
6. Teachers understand assessment procedures and have strong programmes of support and intervention and excellent systems for reviewing pupil progress and reporting to families.
Teachers make adjustments to their teaching methods to ensure that all children have access to learning. The school is fully inclusive and promotes equality principles.
7. All staff receive professional development opportunities in line with the school's vision and educational mission. The ongoing learning of the staff coincides with the school's direction. There is a strong culture of learning for all.
8. Children are treated with respect and feel connected to the staff. Learning is personalized to meet individual children’s needs; where pupils develop positive personal well-being, high levels of resilience and high self-esteem and where all pupils develop a deep understanding of key values of justice and equality of opportunity.
9. The community is actively involved in the school.
Strive4 Academy Trust is a charitable company limited by guarantee in England and Wales registered number: 10863245.
Registered Address: Strive4 Academy Trust, Ray Lodge Primary School, Snakes Lane East, Woodford Green, IG8 7JQ